Thursday, July 27, 2017

My poses

Unedited photos that imitate the poses seen in Albrecht Durer's self portraits. 

Michael took these for me ,with my direction, in our apartment. The green sheet was used to mimic a hospital gown. The other photos are in my regular clothes, styled to look a little more classical. The background makes it very evident that I am posed in a domestic setting, a Queensland house. I have chosen to use the final three images in my digital collages. 







These are the original portraits by Albrecht Durer. Each portrait was specifically created to portray a certain identity. The hair, the clothing and the posing of the body are all posed in a certain way. Durer sought to elevate the status of himself as an artist to the same level as a doctor a lawyer. At the same time, his poses were an imitatio christi, imitation of Christ. Durer knew that he was talented and believed that he was better than a lot of other artists. All of his portraits were an attempt to solidify his status, 

 Study for Self-Portrait1500.

 Self-Portrait at 26, 1498, oil on panel, 52 x 41cm. 

Self-Portrait, 1500, oil on wood panel, 66.3 x 49cm.

Self-Portrait, 1493, oil on vellum, 56.5 x 44.5cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment