Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Anime

I have always loved anime and I particularly love mecha anime, with cyborgs and androids. The idea of continually altering our physical bodies to make ourselves better. Or normal humans inhabiting the body of a robot.  

Ghost in The Shell, film, 2017

Ghost in The Shell, film, 2017

Ghost in The Shell was originally an anime in the 1990s. I used to watch it on SBS growing up. The concept of a body being rebuilt when someone has lost most of their original body was fascinating. The main character was continually being upgraded to help her on her missions as a detective. It was a futuristic anime that really appealed to me.

Ghost in The Shell, anime, 1995

Ghost in The Shell, anime, 1995


I like the look of the suits from these mecha animes; very futuristic, functional and smooth. These suits are created for a specific purpose. 

Neon Genesis Evangelion, anime, 1995-96


Neon Genesis Evangelion, anime, 1995-96




No comments:

Post a Comment